Thursday, January 21, 2021

Quiet day

Thursday's are my short work day so I usually schedule non-work things for the afternoon. Today was a meeting with my finance guy followed by a much needed nap.

The meeting with the finance guy went well and was not the reason for my nap. The reason for my nap is I'm tired. That, and the fact that I like naps.

It's funny how we change. When I was a kid, I hated it when my mom (or some other authoritarian adult) would try to make me take a nap. Now, I look forward to naps.


No, I have not been flying since early September.

Yes, I really would like to go flying.

There are at least three reasons why I have not been flying: Weather, the 'Rona and Time.

It seems like whenever I have time to fly, the weather sucks. It's either too windy, the ceiling is too low or it's raining/snowing. Also, the airport has been shutdown a couple of times because of covid. It just seems like everytime I try to set something up, something else interferes.

I'm really hoping that the spring brings better weather and the vaccines bring better immunity. Then I'll get back with my instructor and eventually restore my skill level to flying condition.


Downloading W2s and 1099s is a lot easier than waiting for them to arrive in the mail but when your employer / payer makes them available for TurboTax to copy them into your taxes, that's even easier.

Just saying is all.


The Flyers are in Boston to play the Bruins this evening so I've got to get ready to watch that.

While I prepare my hockey-watching ensemble (sweat pants, flannel shirt and socks), you can click on these:


No comments: