Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Heck of a game

Last nights hockey game started out well for the Bruins. They scored in the first period and again in the second period. Unfortunately, the Penguins scored twice in the third period and the game ended in a tie. That means three-on-three 5 minute sudden death OT.

Fortunately, the Bruins were able to slip the puck into the Penguins goal with just a few seconds left in the OT period and win the game 3-2. Since they won in OT, they only picked up one point and are now two points behind the Capitals in the east.

Unfortunately, Rask was injured during the game and may be out for a few games. With Pasternak out, DeBrusk with an injury and now Rask, they are pretty beat up. It looks like Pasternak may be making a return in the next week, Rask was already scheduled to be off this Thursday and DeBrusk is going to sit out this Thursday and will be considered day-to-day after that.

It was a good game to watch and I certainly hope Thursday's game goes just as well despite the injuries.


The DJIA, the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq are all down about 2½ percent today as the market reacts to things I don't understand.

I'd like to say, "Oh, it's Biden and his liberal ways!" but that makes no sense to me. Nothing Biden has proposed has anything to do with the stock markets. I'd also like to say, "Oh, it's covid!" but we're more than a year into covid and the market has stabilized around the changes generated by covid.

No, I can't say I understand what causes the market to go up and down because as far as I'm concerned, playing the stock market is no different than playing roulette. It's all a big gamble.


One of the side effects of covid is feeling tired all the time. Normally, I wake up around 5:15am or so and I do okay until around 9:00pm. Lately though, I' ve been waking up at 5:15am and dragging my ass by noon. I will be glad when this goes away.

Until then, I guess I'll just be cranky and tired. Which some people will tell you is normal for me...


You can click on these links if you would like:

No comments: