Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Late and short

I spent most of my day working because, well, that's what I do.

Then I made a Costco run to pick up some stuff. When you need stuff, Costco is the place to go. They got stuff.

Finally, I spent a few hours filling out forms, scanning documents and signing my life away because I'm an idiot.

Two weeks ago, the University I work for collaborated with the town they are in to provide covid vaccinations to the residents. They put out an email asking for volunteers and I made the mistake of saying, "Sure, I can give you some time."

Actually, it's not a mistake because they need people to step up and provide as much help as they can if we want to have any chance of getting us out of this pandemic. We can't rely on just the doctors and nurses because they are the ones that administer the medicine. We also need people to manage crowds, drive the elderly and file all the papers that need to be filed. That's where the volunteers come in.

I can't give you a shot but I can pick you up and drive you to the clinic.

So anyways, the problem is that since I'll be working with people in a private setting, the town needs to to a cori check on me and they also need to have my insurance information (they are going to vaccinate me). That was all taken care of by email which meant printing, signing, scanning and emailing numerous items.

I'm telling you all that so you know why this is late and why it is short.


The Bruins take on the Flyers at 8:00 this evening which means I will not be able to watch all three periods.

Such is my lot in life.


Here are a few links for you:

No comments: