Sunday, February 14, 2021

So much for volunteering

The state told all the municipalities that they will no longer distribute the vaccine to them. This means all those little clinics being set up, including the one I volunteered at, are no longer in operation. Instead, the state has decided to ship the vaccine to CVS and Walgreens. In the case of Massachusetts, it looks like 16 CVS stores will offer the vaccine.

Of those sixteen stores, two are in Western Mass. One in Holyoke and one in Palmer. The other locations are all out east. Guess only Bostonians can get vaccinated under the state's new plan.

As for me, I'm concerned that I may not get my second vaccination as scheduled since the clinic is now essentially shut down. I can't go to the Eastfield Mall clinic because they use Pfizer and I received Moderna.

I've reached out to the clinic coordinator to find out if they can provide any guidance. I'm really hoping they have the second dose sitting in a freezer waiting for me to show up as scheduled and I don't have to spend my days hunting down the second shot.


Biden is about to push the bozo-buttons on all the crazies out there because he is asking congress to enact "common-sense gun laws", whatever that means.

For some reason, Biden seems to think it's a good idea to take a sharp stick and poke a large number of heavily-armed people. Some of the same people that recently decided to invade the capital building and trash it like we were Somalia in the midst of trying to overthrow the latest warlord.

This is a terrible idea for several reasons. Who gets to decide what "common sense" means? Then, after they finish up bastardizing the bill by attaching all of their latest pet projects to it and enacting it, who gets to go before the Supreme Court to defend the results as it relates to our civil rights under the constitution?

If he pushes this, you can expect to see more civil unrest in this country. This may not be the best time to piss off half the country.


The Bruins lost last night but so did the Leafs. This means the Bruins are still one point behind the Leafs in the NHL.

I can't say I was surprised they lost. It was their second game on two days and they looked tired. They weren't attacking the puck like the normally do and they were slow to get down the ice as a line. And they failed miserably when they were on a power play. As a matter of fact, the Islanders managed to score on the Bruins while they were short-handed.

Since the New Jersey Devils have some covid issues, this Monday's game has been postponed. That means the Bruins are off until next Thursday. Hopefully they get some much needed rest.


We had Chinese food tonight. We love Chinese food.

Here are some links for you to click on:

No comments: