Friday, February 5, 2021

More snow heading our way

The weather dweebs are starting to hedge their bets by saying things like, "The coastal storm that is developing will move out to sea but how much snow we'll get depends on how far north it moves before heading out to sea. If it comes close to us, we'll get more snow. If it stays well south of us, we'll get less snow."

Hell, I could make that prediction.

That's not a prediction, that's a forecast based on "what if". It's like saying, "Fire is hot. If you get close to it, you'll get burned. If you stay away from it, you won't get burned."

My main concern right now is my snowblower is running like crap. It needs a new carburetor because the freaking ethanol they put in gasoline has pretty much destroyed the innards of the one that's on there. Carburetors aren't all that complicated and replacing one is reasonably easy & cheap. I can get a replacement for around $20.00.

I'm holding off on replacing the carb until spring because if I screw it up when I replace it, chances of having a blizzard in the spring are pretty low. If I replace it this weekend and screw it up, there's a good chance we'll have a blizzard and I'll be without a snowblower. That means I'll have to shovel.

I hate shoveling.


Robin Williams once provided the following definition - "“Politics: Poli - a Latin word meaning "many" and tics - meaning "bloodsucking creatures."

Biden has proposed a 1.9 trillion dollar covid relief package and I have no idea where he's gonna get the money to fund it. I suspect it's going to come out of my wallet. But then again, we need to do something...

What I do have a problem with is this little bit of snake oil:
    Biden is calling on Congress to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and to end the tipped minimum wage and the sub-minimum wage for people with disabilities..
If they end the tipped minimum wage for service workers, you can bet I will stop tipping those workers. They will be earning as much as everyone else so they don't need tips to offset their wage.

Why do I need to tip the bartender for bringing me a beer if she/he is making $15.00 an hour? No one tips my wife after she teaches a class. No one tips my daughter after she neuters their dog. No one tips me after I write a new policy or procedure.


Yes, there is hockey this evening. The Bruins and the Flyers will play game two of their two-game set at 7:00 this evening. That means I may very well be able to stay awake long enough to see all three periods.

As I pointed out the other day, they are currently tied for first place in the east with the Flyers so the winner of this game will take sole possesion of first place.

First place is the best place.


I have eaten dinner, I'm in my sweats and I have NESN on the tube.

While I watch hockey, you can check these links out:

No comments: