Sunday, February 21, 2021

Taxes - day 3

My daughter has successfully completed her tax obligation and I'm pretty sure she found the experience whelming

She was neither underwhelmed nor overwhelmed, just simply whelmed. I think she's just glad to have them done and filed.

On a high note, she is all set for next year, software-wise.

She has always been able to use the free online options because, as I explained in an earlier post, she has been a poor college student for the last ten years. This year was no different because she only worked a portion of the year and came in just under the income limit. When she was done with filing her taxes, TurboTax asked her if she wanted to download the tax file and I told her to do that.

Having the tax file means that next year, when she buys TurboTax and starts it up, she will be asked if she has a prior year tax file to open and she will be able to say, "Yes". TurboTax will then load all of her information.

Trust me, having all of your information preloaded saves quite a bit of time.

And with that, my 2020 tax season has thankfully come to an end.


Hockey is still scheduled for 7:30 tonight. Since it's starting a half hour later than normal and it's being played in a fancy outdoor arena, I suspect it won't end until after 10:00 tonight.

I'll try to watch as much as I can but my sleep schedule seems to have shifted drastically to the morning. For the last two weeks, I've been waking up at 4:45 / 5:00 every morning.

I can't wait until we "spring ahead" and 5:00 in the morning becomes 6:00 in the morning. Maybe then I'll get on some kind of normal person schedule.


You can enjoy these links if you want:

No comments: