Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Little slippery this morning

I damn near ended up on my ass when I stepped out to take my trash barrels down to the end of my driveway.

Fortunately, I have ice melt in a bucket in my garage so I used a liberal dose of that and successfully navigated the ice.


How about some humor.

Things like that make me laugh.


Texas is freezing and I never thought about the problems that causes.

Turns out that since most of Texas is tropical, they don't build their buildings with cold in mind. This means that pipes are freezing all over the state and the flooding is causing more damage than a natural disaster like a hurricane rolling in. It's particularly bad in apartment complexes because of the stacked dwellings.

The last time I was in Texas, I was in Dallas and the temperature was 108° at 8:00am. Right now, it's 20° down there and the cold is causing rolling power outages.

Those people are screwed. They have no idea how to deal with cold like that and I'm betting most of them don't even own a decent coat.


Once again, there are no sporting events for me to watch this evening.

Speaking of sports, I just discovered some terrible news: Curling is postponed until sometime after May! What the hell?!?

While I whine over a complete lack of curling, you can click on these links:

No comments: