Sunday, February 7, 2021

Well, it's snowing

I'm really hoping The Beast makes it through the remainder of the winter.

The other day, I took the cover off the carburetor to make sure I ordered the correct one and man, it's a mess.

My uncles, the farmers, always told me, "When you own a machine, it will break down. You should know how to fix it."

I always thought that was sound advice.

I pride myself on my ability to repair things but I will admit to always having a problem adjusting a carb so the engine runs efficiently. I've been studying up on this particular carburetor and it seems pretty straight forward: Set the idle jet at 1¼ turns, the main jet at 1½ turns and then fine tune them from there.

What I really hope is that I can wait until this summer before I have to replace the carb. Waiting until then has three pluses: 1) I don't have to work in the cold. 2) I have ample time to fix it if I screw it up and 3) I have time to get it to a repair guy if I fubar it.


I discovered this afternoon that the Bruins are off until Wednesday.

I watched some of the Flyers / Capitals game this afternoon and the Flyers managed to beat the Capitals. This puts them back into a tie at 18 points each with the Bruins but since the Bruins have fewer games played, they lead by point percentage which is simply total points divided by maximum possible points.

This situation is actually a good example: The Bruins have played 11 games and they have 18 points. The Flyers have played 13 games and they have 18 points. If the Bruins has won all of their games, they would have a total of 22 points. 18/22 = .818. If the Flyers had won all of their games, they would have a total of 26 points. 18/26=.692. This is why the Bruins are in first place.

First place is the best place.


I'm going to watch some football.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: