Monday, February 1, 2021

They lied to me

The weather dweebs told me the snow was going to start around noon today. My original plan was to run over to the store and pick up some swiss cheese. It is my firm belief that if you run out of swiss cheese, you've run out of the nectar of the gods. You should never run out of swiss cheese.

So anyways, my plan was to run over to the store, get my cheese, and then cover my car before the snow fell. Unfortunately, mother nature did not listen to the weather dweebs and she started dumping snow on my car before I woke up at 5:00 this morning.

This means that at some point in the next day or two, I'm going to have to clean my car off.

I dislike cleaning my car off almost as much as I dislike running out of swiss cheese.


I'm really hoping the Bruins can beat the Capitals this evening.

DeBrusk is still listed as injured but hopefully Pasternak has the cobwebs out of his system and he is back to his old ways of scoring goals and shit.

The Flyers won last night so they are tied with the Capitals for first place in the east. This leaves the Bruins three points behind both teams. They need to grab some points and they need to grab them soon.


Dustin Pedroia finally decided to retire, freeing up a roster spot on the Red Sox.

I really hope the Red Sox offer him some kind of position with the organization. Maybe infield coordinator or base coach. Maybe just a job as the guy who sits in the dugout and offers advice to the younger players. I still haven't figured out what Jason Varitek does for the Red Sox but he seems to be around a lot.

Pedroia played his heart out and he gave everything he had to that team. He signed a team-friendly contract extension just because he liked playing in Boston. They probably paid him less than he was worth and now they should do the right thing by making sure he has a spot in that organization.


Here's a real treat for you direct from The People of Walmart


I made one pass with The Beast to clear the first 5 inches. Tomorrow, none of us have anyplace to be so I'll wait until the storm ends and do the next 5 or so inches.

Right now, I'm going to eat some dinner and watch some hockey.

While I do that, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: