Saturday, July 16, 2022

Another busy day

Yesterday was lawn mowing and inspection stickerizing.

Today was house cleaning and car shopping.

Yes, you read that correctly, I am car shopping.

My wife has spent the last several months trying to convince me that it's time and she finally succeeded. My current car has a loud clunk every time I go over a bump, the rug under my left foot has a hole in it from wear-and-tear, the radio suddenly stops producing sound every once in a while and the driver seat is split open at the seam.

In other words, it's old and it's time.


I watched almost eight innings of baseball last night and when I went to bed, the Red Sox were up 4-3. Turns out the Yankees tied the game 4-4 in the ninth but the Red Sox came through in the eleventh when Bogaerts stole home on a passed ball, giving the Red Sox a 5-4 lead.

Brasier came in in the bottom of the ninth and pitched a zero hits, two strikeouts inning to seal the 5-4 win.

Tonight the game is on FOX so I get to listen to that mediocre catcher A.J. Pierzynski ramble on about how great he was.
Turns out I was wrong. Tonights color commentator is John Smoltz. I can tolerate Smoltz. Also, he was far more than mediocre when he played. He was freakin' great.

Maybe I'll make it to the eighth inning again. Maybe not. Who knows. It's a Red Sox/Yankees game and those usually go four hours or so.

That is past my bedtime.


Here are some links that you might find interesting:

No comments: