Saturday, July 23, 2022

They should be embarrassed

In what is now a franchise record for runs against during a single game, the Red Sox lost to the Blue Jays 28-5 last night.

I stopped watching the game when the score was 23-3 but I did get to see the Blue Jays hit a in-the-park grand slam.

Think about that for a minute. The Red Sox played so poorly last night that not only did they not catch a fly ball hit to the warning track in left field, they then couldn't get to the ball and throw it in to get at least one of the four base runners out.

Like I said, I gave up watching it when the score was 23-3 in the middle of the fifth inning but I learned this morning that in the ninth inning, after going through six different pitchers, the Red Sox didn't just use a position player to pitch, they used a position player from the Worcester Red Sox to pitch. They put Yolmer Sanchez, who plays for the Worcester Red Sox, on the mound and let him have at it. Turns out he did okay, giving up 3 hits and 1 earned run.

I really hope this afternoon goes better. The game started at 4:00 and the Red Sox are currently down 3-1 in the top of the fourth inning.


Still not high enough for me to think about buying a Mega Millions ticket:

John says he's going for the $790 million but I'm waiting until it hits at least a billion


Grilled teriyaki sirloin tips for dinner tonight. Yes, it's as good as it sounds.

While I watch baseball and enjoy my dinner, you can enjoy these links


No comments: