Monday, July 18, 2022

I bought a car

After 16 years of driving a sedan, I made the move to a SUV.

I am now the proud owner of a Honda SUV:

Things I now need to learn:
  1. When I leave the store/office/bar/restaurant, I have to look for a black SUV, not a green sedan.
  2. I start the car by pushing a button, not turning a key.
  3. I can make a phone call without touching my phone.
  4. My gas cap is not on the right side of my car.
  5. Because I now have an SUV, I no longer have to remember to take my golf clubs out of the trunk before I go grocery shopping.
  6. When I'm trying to make a right out of a side street and someone pulls up alongside me on the left, I can now see over most of them
That Volvo served me well and more than got my money's worth out of it but it was time. Also, despite being a 2019, the Honda had less than 17,000 miles on it, was well maintained and is currently the number one rated midsize SUV on the market. That was enough to get me to make the move.


The Home Run derby is on tonight and I will probably watch a little bit of it.

But right now, I'm going to go play with my new car.

While I do that, you can check these out:

No comments: