Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Way more than 16 ice cubes

It is going to take me some time to get used to the sounds an ice maker makes. The high pitched squeal when it fills with water and then the clunk when it dumps the ice into the bucket are not sounds I am used to.

On the other hand, I no longer find myself constantly filling ice cube trays which is nice.


So the Red Sox imploded yesterday and lost to the Rays 8-4. On the upside, they are still in second place by a game.

Tonight is the MLB debut for Brayan Bello, or, as the Boston sports media likes to call him, the second coming of the savior.

I don't want to say this kid is under a lot of pressure but the talking heads out there are comparing the kid to Pedro Martinez. Give the kid a break. Let him pitch at least an inning or two before you start comparing him to not only a hall of famer but arguably one of the best pitchers Boston has ever seen.

I will admit to looking forward to seeing this kid pitch. I hope he is half as good as they are making him out to be but if it turns out he is as good as they are saying, it should be amazing to see.


This is "social butterfly" week.

Today was lunch with an old friend (Pat - Kathy says hi) and Friday is lunch with the ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Out).

I haven't seen the boys for almost a year now. Covid, age and general bodily breakdowns are making it hard for all four of us to get together as often as we used to.

I'm hoping we get back into the monthly lunches now that things are settled.


A request was made for lasagna so tonight is lasagna night.

While I consume that and watch baseball, you can visit these:

No comments: