Saturday, July 9, 2022

Four in a row

Another loss last night means four losses in a row and sixteen games out of first place.

What was interesting about last night is who the closer was.

With the score 11-5 at the end of the eighth inning and the plan for a bullpen game today (Saturday), Cora had little choice but to go with a position player as his closer. He chose Bradley Jr. to do that.

From what I saw in the videos posted online (I went to bed in the middle of the eighth inning), he actually did a pretty good job. He hit 90 a few times and he struck one batter out.

Who knows, maybe Cora has found a new bullpen arm...

So tonight has Crawford as the opener. The last time he pitched, he managed 5+ innings. If he can do that again tonight, the bullpen stands a chance of not imploding.

First pitch is at 7:15 tonight and the idiots from FOX will have the game. Maybe I'll put my radio on and watch the game on FOX with WEEI audio.


I've been watching the Worcester Red Sox on NESN and now I'm going to grill some steaks.

After that, I'll put the Red Sox on and pray that they win and avoid the sweep.

You can visit these if you want:

No comments: