Sunday, July 17, 2022

They got their ass kicked

Last night, the Red Sox completely imploded, losing to the Yankees 14-1.

This afternoon they didn't do any better. They lost 13-2.

Also, Sale left the game in the first inning with an broken finger on his pitching hand after he got drilled by a batted ball.

All this combines to mean they are once again struggling with their pitching rotation and they are no longer a wild card team:

It also means they are close to moving in to last place behind the Orioles.

It also means that they have a very difficult second half of the season ahead of them.


I decided to empty the 17 years of crap out of my car today so when the time comes to trade it in, I don't have to worry about it.

Man, I collect a lot of crap.

I have stickers, patches, pens, pencils and blankets from various work/life events. Since I don't like to have coins in my pocket, I have tossed coins into every cubby within my reach. I have a bunch of toothpaste because every time I go to the dentist, he gives me a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste. For some reason, I bring the toothbrush into the house but I toss the toothpaste into my glove compartment and promptly forget about it.

I have two umbrellas, two snow brushes, a set of jumper cables, a first aid kit and a road safety kit.

I need to sort through it all and figure out what needs to be thrown out (most of it), what needs to be saved (very little) and what needs to go into a new car (a few things).

Once everything is sorted and tossed in the trash, I need to get a new car.


Dinner will be simple tonight - hot dogs.

While I create that gastronomic delight, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: