Tuesday, July 5, 2022

I have 16 ice cubes

When we bought our new appliances, we ended up with a refrigerator that came with an ice maker. Since we didn't have an ice maker in our old refrigerator, we did not have a water line running to it. Since I did not want to shut the water off to half the house while both my wife and daughter were home, I waited until this afternoon to install the line.

I hate saddle valves and will never install one. That mean installing an actual 1/4 inch valve in an existing line. After some research, I decided to use a sharkbite tee to create my access point into the system and a sharkbite 1/4 inch valve to connect the PEX supply line.

I'm going to tell you that if you ever have to do any plumbing in exposed areas, those sharkbite fittings are the way to go. Just don't ever put one in a wall. That is a code violation and also kinda stupid. If the thing leaks, you won't know it until a puddle forms and your drywall is ruined. I only used them in the basement and they are visible. If it leaks, I will know it.

So anyways, the supply line is connected and the ice maker has, as of this writing, created a total of 16 ice cubes.

WooHoo! Let the party begin!


Tonight was calzone night. Now it's time for news followed by baseball.

While I wait for 8 more ice cubes to drop, you can visit these links:

No comments: