Friday, July 22, 2022

Groceries are expensive.

We did our weekly grocery shopping this morning and man, things are getting expensive. The one item that really caught my attention is chicken.

We like chicken salad so we usually buy some of the pre-made stuff. In the recent past, a pound of chicken salad at the deli sold for around $4.00 or $5.00. Today it was $11.00.

And it's the same for almost anything that has any kind of meat. Chicken, beef, pork, it doesn't matter, it's doubled or tripled in price in the last year.

Add to that the price of gasoline and I can't help but wonder how some people are paying their bills.

Normally I don't blame the current executive for the economy but in this case, I'll make an exception. We gotta get rid of Goofy Joe and his policies before we all go broke.


No, I still didn't buy a Mega Millions ticket. If no one hits it tonight, I'll think about buying one for the next drawing.

I have zero luck when it comes to gambling so when I buy a lottery ticket, I'm doing nothing more than turning my money into a piece of paper that I will throw away in a few days. I could cut out the middleman and just throw my $2.00 directly into the trash. That will at least save me the cost of the gasoline I'll burn driving to the store.


The request for tonight's dinner is breakfast. I've been informed that I need to make french toast and sausages for dinner.

While I enjoy my world famous french toast, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: