Sunday, August 6, 2023

A couple of bad losses...

Yesterday's game sucked. The Red Sox did not play well and the game ended on running error that resulted in a double play.

In the ninth inning, the score was 5-4 in favor of the Blue Jays. Urias was on first base and McGuire was on second.

Wong hit a fly ball that looked like it might be gone but wasn't. Instead it came down about a foot away from the wall, directly into the Blue Jays center fielder glove for the second out of the inning. The big problem is that McGuire had taken off running from second and was somewhere down the third base line when the catch was made. The center fielder threw the ball to to the second baseman who stepped on second base for the third and final out.

I believe the quote from Alex Cora at the post game conference says it all:
    "I think today, we took a step back as a team."
Ya think...

Today's game was at 1:30. Yes, I watched it. Yes, I was disappointed by their 13-1 loss but I've been a Red Sox fan for a very long time. I'm from the generation that spent a lot of time saying, "Oh well, they'll get 'em next year!"

I'm used to being disappointed...

They are now a full game behind the Aaron Judges and five games behind the Blue Jays.

Red Sox management failed to bring in any help for a team that is riddled with injuries and has several holes in both its defense & offense but that isn't the big problem. The big problem is that the team itself seems to be falling apart. They don't look like they are enjoying playing the game.


In other sporting news, the NFL preseason is upon us.

The Texans will be in Foxboro to play the Patriots at 7:00pm this coming Thursday.

All the "experts" are giving the Patriots a 30% chance of making the playoffs and a win/loss record of 9-8 on the season. Some have gone so far as to say,
    "With a brutal early schedule, if the Pats were 0-4 to start the year it wouldn't be shocking."
Personally, I don't disagree with them simply because until I see what Jones does on the field, my confidence in him is not high.

And yes, I realize that there is also a Red Sox game at 7:00 on Thursday. That is why they invented PIP (picture-in-a-picture)...


Dear website owners who use that really annoying "Powered by Admiral" piece of shit web software,

No, I will not disable my ad blocker so your "trusted ad partners" can run code in my browser that may load some ransomware or some other code that puts me at risk.

No, I will not disable my ad blocker so your "trusted ad partners" can launch some kind of full screen seizure-inducing advertisement up in my browser that is also playing really bad midi-music.

No, I will not disable my ad blocker so your "trusted ad partners" can run crypto mining software in the background and utilize 95% of my cpu without my knowledge.

What I will do is stop visiting your website.

Sincerely, a guy who knows that those "trusted ad partners" are one of the big problems with the internet and believes that if you really want us to stop using ad blockers you would start using advertisement strategies that provide a decent browsing experience while still allowing you to collect revenue from selling space on your site.


I'm going to find some leftovers to eat and then figure out what my entertainment will be for the evening.

You should check these out:

No comments: