Monday, August 14, 2023

Another try

Spectrum was at my house again today because last night, my phone and internet went out.

Again.

This time the tech decided to replace all of my equipment.

Actually, what he said was, "Oh boy, this is old. I haven't seen one of these in several years. You need new stuff."

So now I have two new cable boxes and new modems. Well, actually, I now only have one modem. The new internet modem has the phone modem built into it so I got to eliminate the seperate phone modem.

Hopefully this is the end of my internet / phone issues but I won't be sure until at least a month has gone by.


The Red Sox won yesterdays game, beating the Tigers 6-3. I'd like to say it was a good game but since I didn't get to watch it, I wouldn't know if it was good or bad.

What I do know is that the Aaron Judges lost yesterday and are now two full games behind the Red Sox. Since the Blue Jays won, the Red Sox remain three games behind them in the wildcard.

No game tonight while they travel to our nations capital where tomorrow they will start a three-game series against the Nationals.

Once they finish in Washington, the remainder of the month of August is going to be a tough month for them. They play the Judges, the Dodgers and the Astros, all of which are good teams. If the Red Sox can consitently play well, they stand a good chance of grabbing a wildcard slot before September. That would be good because September looks even more difficult with games against the Orioles, the Judges, the Rays and Blue Jays.


Pat and Willie played golf without me today because my back is not in a good place. When I told them I wasn't playing, they both decided that was okay because it gave them an opportunity to make fun of me.

My reply back to them was:
    You two are funny guys.

    Remember, don’t let that pond on the first hole bother you at all.
    Don’t even think about.
    Pretend it’s not there...
I'm wondering if they cleared the pond or had to drop a new ball on the other side...


Tonight will be the ever-popular hot dogs. You can't go wrong with hot dogs.

While I enjoy those, you can enjoy thess:


No comments: