Thursday, August 3, 2023

So much for a winning streak...

They lost yesterday's game to the Mariners 3-6 which means they lost the series to the Mariners.

They are off today and they pick it up again tomorrow at 7:00 when they start a three-game series against the Blue Jays. Since they are two and a half games behind the Blue Jays in the wildcard, a sweep by the Red Sox would be good.

Fingers crossed they can beat up on the Blue Jays and jump in to the wildcard.

Oh, and the Aaron Judges won so the Red Sox are now only one game ahead of them.


I read an article about Trump's latest criminal indictment and the reader comments at the end of the article seemed to contain a lot of "take our country back".

This leads me to ask, "Take it back from whom?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to go get it if I need to but I'm pretty sure no one has actually taken it. It's right where we left it.

When Trump says things like, "I'm being indicted for you" or "take back our country", his loyal cult members chant along with him. To them it's a mantra.

They seem to believe that our nation has been taken from us because he keeps telling them that it was taken from us.

Much like Trump, Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite where also cult leaders. And to be honest with you, I don't see much difference between any of them. I think it's only a matter of time before Trump says or does something that results in a mass killing.

If we're all lucky, it'll be a mass suicide of Trump followers and not some militia-style assault on our society...


There is no baseball tonight but it turns out I have numerous DVRs because the new season of Bering Sea Gold has started up.

Here are some links you may find interesting:

No comments: