Friday, August 11, 2023

A win and a loss

Last night, the Red Sox defeated the Royals 2-0 and the Patriots lost to the Texans 20-9.

The Red Sox are now a full game ahead of the Aaron Judges and only four games behind the Blue Jays in the wild card race.

The Tigers are in town for a three-game series starting tonight and the starting pitcher is Sale.

Sale hasn't been on the mound since early June so I have no idea how he's going to do but my hopes are high that he goes at least four, maybe five innings. I heard a small sound bite from Cora that he is probably only going to go four innings which is fine, I guess.

I figure any break he can give the overtaxed bullpen is a good thing.


As for the Patriots, what can I say, it's preseason.

Jones did not play at all. Zappe, McSorley & Cunningham were the quarterbacks and while I thought Zappe did okay, Cunningham stole the show.

The problem I saw was the offensive line. They didn't do the best job protecting the quarterback and I'm pretty sure that was a problem last season as well.

Their next game game is in Wisconsin where they will play the Packers on Saturday, the 19th. Kick off is at 8:00pm which is good because the 1:00pm Red Sox / Yankees game will be over well before then.

It's also good because football games have four rigidly timed quarters of 20 minutes each and a 10 minute half. That is a total of 90 minutes. Add in the few minutes between each snap and you might add another 20 minutes to the came. Add in another 10 minutes for television bullshit and you basically have a two hour game.

That means I will be able to go to bed at the decent hour of 10:00pm.


Tonights repast is pepperoni pizza. As a matter of fact, it's uber-supreme pepperoni pizza. Basically, it's a layer of dough, a layer of sauce, a layer of cheese and a couple of layers of pepperoni.

We really like pepperoni.

Here are todays links:

No comments: