Wednesday, August 16, 2023

I suck at math

Yesterday I said, "That means the Red Sox are now a game and a half ahead of the Judges in the wildcard race."

Well, that was highly inaccurate because they were actually two and a half games ahead of the Judges in the wildcard race.

Last night, the Red Sox beat the Nationals and the Braves beat the Judges. That means the Red Sox are now three and a half games ahead of the Judges.

They are still three games behind the Blue Jays in the wildcard but that is absolutely going to change over the rest of August. With the exception of a three game series against the Orioles, the Blue Jays have a fairly easy schedule.

I'm concerned that during the remainder of the month, the Red Sox, with their difficult schedule, will have some struggles while the Blue Jays will win the majority of their games and widen the gap.

It all boils down to the fact there are only 43 games left in their season and those are going to be hard-fought games. Now that injured players are beginning to return, my hopes are high that the Red Sox have what it takes to get into a position to play baseball in October.


Remember my rant yesterday about the violent scumbags in our society? Well this is the kind of shit I'm talking about.

How is the asshole who refused to drop his gun still alive? How is it that they didn't just shoot him when he refused?

This is why I never became a cop because if I came up against someone with a gun in his hand and I said drop it, he better drop it right f'n now. Five seconds later or a twitch of his arm to raise the gun and I'm emptying my entire magazine into him.

The gun is not the problem. It's the waste of oxygen that's holding it that is the problem.


Time to make some dinner and then watch some baseball.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: