Saturday, August 26, 2023

They lost

Despite taking an early 3-0 lead, the Red Sox endecd up losing to the Dodgers 7-4.

Crawford gave them a solid six innings, giving up two earned runs and striking out seven. Pivetta came in and had what can bets be described as an unusually bad outing, going only two innings and giving up four earned runs while striking out three.

Todays game started at 4:10 and as of now, it's in the bottom of the fifth inning and the score is 4-2 in favor of the Dodgers.


For those of you that wonder why I love baseball as much as I do, here is a picture my mom took back in 1967:

I'm the short kid. The tall kid is my best friend Brian. He lived two houses down from me and we were always together. We also played baseball in the parochial league for Holy Cross on Eddywood St. in Springfield.

I remember the day the picture was taken. We had just finished a game against OLSH and we were standing in the driveway at Brian's house. It was a good day.

Brian passed away seven years ago and I still miss him but I will always remember playing baseball with him. He could hit a baseball a country mile.


I'm going to make dinner and watch the rest of this ball game.

Here are some links:

No comments: