Tuesday, August 8, 2023

A win is a win

Even if that win was the result of a very bad call by an umpire.

In the ninth inning, with the score tied 2-2, the Red Sox managed to get runners on first and second. There were two outs and Urias had a 3-2 count when he swung at a pitch. The first based umpire ruled it a check swing, resulting in ball four and loading the bases instead of what it really was which was a swing and miss for strike three and the third out.

So with the bases loaded, Reyes steps up and crushes the second pitch he sees for a game winning grand slam to win the game 6-2.

Like I said, a win is a win even if it was a gift from the umpire.

Tonight's game is at 7:10 and I will be watching.


I missed this new law change last November and now that I know about it, I gotta admit, I'm kind of amazed at how dumb this actually sounds.

We are now required, by law, to put all of our old clothes and shoes into those donation boxes for recycling.

It doesn't matter what shape they are in or if they are even still wearable, we are required to donate them.

I can't help but wonder what the church in the center of town is going to do with my old t-shirts with the pit stains and holes in them but I guess the law is the law and I have to abide by it.

Or not...

...because it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

This ranks right up there with the extra-stupid, bipolar laws that say, "You must give cyclists 4 feet of space when passing" law and the "You cannot cross over the double yellow line in the center of the road" law.

Oh, and get ready for the price of sausage and bacon to skyrocket...

I need to move out of this state.


The Professor has made her famous chicken and broccoli puff pastry dish for dinner so I'm going to be busy eating as much that as possible.

I will also be watching baseball.

You can visit these if you want:

No comments: