Saturday, August 19, 2023

BillE was right...

...the Yankees suck.

The Red Sox beat the New York Aaron Judges 8-3 last night. I listened to the game on the radio while tracking the play on MLB.COM gameday. It wasn't fun but it got me my baseball fix.

The Red Sox beat the New York Aaron Judges 8-1 this afternoon and I was able to watch the entire game on NESN.

The Blue Jays are no longer in the wildcard because the Mariners have overtaken them by half a game. With their win this afternoon, the Red Sox are now two and a half games behind the Mariners.
I'm hoping the Blue Jays and the Mariners lose tonight because that will put the Red Sox only two games out of the wildcard.

As for the Yankees, I have no idea why they are playing so badly but I do know that during this offseason, I won't be surprised to see Boone and Cashman moving on to new jobs. That team is built around Judge and Stanton. Stanton sucks and Judge has become a china doll.

And in case you think I'm making things up when I say that the MLB treats Aaron Judge like he's the only baseball player on the planet, this was the headline story on the front page of MLB.COM after the Yankees lost 8-1 to the Red Sox:

Luis Urias, whose team won, hit a grand slam but they don't put that on the front page. Instead they put Judge, whose team lost, on the front page...

Attention everyone everywhere:

It is with great sadness that I inform you that Donald Yes, I chose this hairstyle Trump will no longer be holding a press conference this coming Monday. He made the following statement which, as usual for him, was riddled with grammer irregularities and an overwhelming use of capital letters:
    Rather than releasing the Report on the Rigged & Stolen Georgia 2020 Presidential Election on Monday, my lawyers would prefer putting this, I believe, Irrefutable & Overwhelming evidence of Election Fraud & Irregularities in formal Legal Filings. Therefore, the News Conference is no longer necessary!
I gotta tell you, I was looking forward to that press conference. I'm betting it would have been better than any skit ever produced by Saturday Night Live.

Also, I wonder if he would have held this news conference in the back parking lot of Four Seasons Total Landscaping / Fantasy Island Sex Shop?

I gotta go grill up some barbeque chicken.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: