Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Another loss

Despite playing like crap, the Mariners beat the Red Sox 6-2 last night.

I watched the first 2 innings and I got to see Durran score the first run of the game on a walk.

Duran was the first batter of the game and he drew a walk. Then, with Turner at the plate, Duran decided to steal second. The catcher came up throwing and he unleashed a shot into center field so Duran took off for third. That was when the center fielder throw the ball into foul territory on the third base side and Duran took off for home, making it easily.

Kinda reminded me of the 10-12 rec league team I coached 20+ years ago.

Anyways, despite some excellent bullpen pitching, the Mariners managed to get three earned runs off Pivetta and then another three earned runs off Jacques.

As far as actual runs goes, Turner managed to drive in Wong in the eighth inning but that was it for the Red Sox scoring.

Thankfully, tonight is not a bullpen game. Bello will start, with the first pitch being thrown at 9:40. Again, I'll try and catch an inning or two but that's about it.

Oh, and remember yesterday when I said I wasn't gonna like it if the Red Sox traded Verdugo? Well turns out that story might have been a bit premature.


Looks like Trump has a plan to beat the January 6th indictment. It's the old, "Rudy told me it was okay to do what I did!" plan.

Blaming Crazy Rudy for what Trump did to incite the attack on the U.S. Capitol is a stretch at best. Lets face it, anyone that listens to someone like Giuliani is kinda nuts themselves. The man says the most insane things I've ever heard.

And I've heard some pretty insane things...


Time to bake some nice cod fillets and settle in to watch some of my DVRs.

Here are some links to entertain you:

No comments: