Monday, July 31, 2023

They lost the series

The Red Sox lost to the Giants in eleven innings last night, getting beat 4-3.

I really thought they were going to win when they were up 3-2 in the eighth but the Giants tied it in the ninth and pushed the game into extra innings. Since it was a bullpen game, they just didn't have much in the way of strong pitching available and they just couldn't hold them.

But that wasn't why they lost.

They lost because they just couldn't push a run across home plate when they needed to.

They really need pitching but the offense needs to step it up and start scoring runs.

They are now in Seattle for a three-game series against the Mariners starting tonight at 9:30.

No, I won't be watching the game. I might catch the first inning but after this weekend of driving and partying, I'm kinda beat and probably won't make it to see 10:00.

I'm going to try and stay awake to see an inning.

You can check these out:


No comments: