Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Not quite four innings

I made it through three and a half innings last night and apparently I missed a hell of a game by Pivetta.

Since no starters were available, last night was a bullpen night. Bernardino started and pitched a respectable two innings, giving up zero runs and striking out two.

Pivetta came in in the third but I didn't see him because I was busy walking upstairs to go to bed. Turns out he went six innings, gave up zero runs, walked two and struck out thirteen. That, my friends, is some pretty darned good pitching.

The Red Sox won the game 7-0. And while they were beating the Athletics, the Angels were beating the Yankees. That means the Red Sox are now in fourth place in the ALEast, one game ahead of the Yankees.

Oh, and they are also only 1½ games behind the Astros who are currently in the third wildcard spot.

Remember on Sunday when I wrote, "I'm kind of hoping they send Faria back down?"

Well, they didn't send him back to Worcester, they DFAd him. Apparently he didn't have any minor league options so they had to designate him to make room for a returning Bleier.

As for today's game, it is currently 4:00pm, the Red Sox have not announced a starting pitcher.


I've made it clear that I don't like Trump. I think he is an arrogant, self-centered egotist who does whatever he wants and gets away with extremely unethical behavior simply because he's rich.

Having said that, I'm also pretty sure the democrats are being more unethical in their abuse of power in trying to convict him of a crime.

That has to be the third or fourth attempt to convict him of attempting to overturn an election.

Give it a rest people, you failed two or three times already and this one probably isn't going to go any better. Just stop.


We have a bald (white) face wasps nest in the lilac tree in our backyard. If you are unfamiliar with white faced wasps, consider yourself lucky. They are the meanest little pieces of shit in the insect world. They make yellow jackets look like friendly pets. They will attack you just for walking by their nest. And their sting is painful. Trust me, I know.

Imagine getting hit by a ball peen hammer that had been preheated to a few thousand degrees.

That is what a sting from one of those little m*erf*ers feels like.

Last night I went out and hit the nest with some foaming hornet spray.

This morning, I went out and saw dozens of corpses on the ground but dozens more flying around so I hit it with a strong dose of that liquid spray, hoping it would penetrate the nest.

This afternoon, I went out and saw another dozen or corpses but I also so what I thought were maybe a few more flying around. That's when I got the garden hose and hit the nest with a full blast.

When it tore open, I could see numerous live hornets come rolling out so I quickly made my way to the porch. I might be a bit crazy but I'm not stupid.

After they had calmed down, and before the storms hit, I went out with more foaming hornet spray and this time, because the nest was already torn open, I'm pretty sure I got all of them.

At least I hope I got all of them. I hate those things.


I'm going to try for four innings again tonight but hopes are not high. Wish me luck.

Here are some links you may find interesting:

No comments: