Thursday, July 6, 2023

Painting is almost done.

Remember about three years ago when I pressure washed my front porch to see if I could get all the old crusty paint off of the cement slab? Well, I'm here to remind you that it was a miserable failure.

Since we now have a nicely painted house, the painters talked us into repainting the slab with some special high-durability cement paint. That means we will soon have a nice entryway.
Hopefully this last longer than a year.


The Red Sox managed to beat the Rangers 4-2 last night.

Bello had a uncharacteristically so-so start and I was a little nervous when several of his pitches sailed out of control. But he quickly reverted to his normal form and ended up going seven innings, giving up two earned runs and striking out three batters.

This was important because of Tuesday's "bullpen" game where Cora used six pitchers. Bello going seven innings meant Cora only had to use two of his bullpen pitchers to finish the game off.

Crawford will start on the mound tonight and hopes are high that he can give them at least six quality innings because his opponent is Nasty Nate Eovaldi, one of the best in the business.


I hope your air conditioners are humming along as nicely as mine are. I'm sure we'll wince when we get the electric bill but I don't care.

It's damned hot out there.


This evening will be a pasta dish and some bread. Maybe I'll have an ice cream cone for dessert.

You can visit these if you want:

No comments: