Thursday, July 20, 2023

No, I wasn't in L.A.

Someone in Los Angeles is very, very rich.

There was a single winning Powerball ticket sold at the Las Palmitas Mini Market at 1205 Wall St. Los Angeles, California.
Las Palmitas

I point this out because that particular area of Los Angeles is essentially what we used to call a ghetto or a slum. It is just down the road from several homeless encampments which means there is a very real possibility that someone has just gone from sleeping in a cardboard box to billionaire.

Oh, and the owner of the mini market gets a million dollars just for selling that ticket.

And that, my friends, is what the lottery is all about.


Fifty four years ago today, Buzz Aldrin took a picture of Neil Armstrong.
Neil on the Moon

To celebrate that accomplishment, I waited in a very long line to get my car inspected.
Waiting in line


The Yankees lost yesterday so the Red Sox remain one game ahead of them and out of last place.
Standings 7/20/2023

No baseball for the Red Sox tonight while they travel back to Boston before starting a three game series against the Mets tomorrow evening.


I'm going to toss a bunch of hot dogs on the grill and then watch some Storage Wars I have on the DVR.

While I do that, you can check these out:

No comments: