Thursday, July 20, 2023

No, I wasn't in L.A.

Someone in Los Angeles is very, very rich.

There was a single winning Powerball ticket sold at the Las Palmitas Mini Market at 1205 Wall St. Los Angeles, California.
Las Palmitas

I point this out because that particular area of Los Angeles is essentially what we used to call a ghetto or a slum. It is just down the road from several homeless encampments which means there is a very real possibility that someone has just gone from sleeping in a cardboard box to billionaire.

Oh, and the owner of the mini market gets a million dollars just for selling that ticket.

And that, my friends, is what the lottery is all about.

⧫

Fifty four years ago today, Buzz Aldrin took a picture of Neil Armstrong.
Neil on the Moon

To celebrate that accomplishment, I waited in a very long line to get my car inspected.
Waiting in line

⧫

The Yankees lost yesterday so the Red Sox remain one game ahead of them and out of last place.
Standings 7/20/2023

No baseball for the Red Sox tonight while they travel back to Boston before starting a three game series against the Mets tomorrow evening.

⧫

I'm going to toss a bunch of hot dogs on the grill and then watch some Storage Wars I have on the DVR.

While I do that, you can check these out:

No comments: