Sunday, July 30, 2023

Heck of a weekend

My "busy-ness" this weekend consisted of a long drive to Portland, Maine so we could particpate in our youngest offsprings wedding ceremony.

It was a great event with all of our family in attendance. We all had a great time, including the bride and groom, which are the ones that should have a great time. I'm betting it would suck to not have a good time on your wedding day.

On a side note, as we were driving through New Hampshire, about to cross into Maine, I realized that I had never been to Maine. It's a lot like the rest of the New England states except they say "ay-yup" a lot.

Just kidding. We were in Portland. I never once heard anyone say ""ay-yup" Nobody from Maine goes to Portland. It was full of cars and people from New York, Ohio, Florida, Massachusetts, Wyoming, etc...

I suspect the residents of Maine stay the hell away from all the non-Mainers during the tourist season. I also suspect they say "ay-yup" to each other when we aren't around.

This was the view from our hotel window:


I was not able to watch any of the Red Sox last night because my son and I decided it would be a bad idea to slip away from our wives and watch baseball.

Unfortunately, the Giants were able to take game two of the three-game series, beating the Red Sox 3-2. Also unfortunate is the fact the Aaron Judges managed to beat the Orioles, closing the gap between them and the Red Sox to one game.

Today's game started at 4:00 and I was home in time to watch the first pitch. As I post this, they are in the middle of the 3rd inning and the score is 1-0 in favor of the Giants.

Bernardino was the opener (yes, it's another bullpen game). He did pretty well the first inning but the second inning kind of suckecd. He hit the first two batters and the third batter dropped a bunt down, loading the bases with no outs.

Schreiber was up next and he managed to give up a hit to third. Devers got the runner going to third out but the runner going home scored. The next hitter drove a ball out to center that looked like it was going to drop but Duvall made the catch and then threw in to second base for a double play.

The Red Sox need to win this game. They are knocking on the door of a wild card slot, only two and a half games behind both of the current wild card holders, the Blue Jays and the Astros.

I would love to see them get into playoff contention soon.


I'm going to toss some burgers on the grill and enjoy an early dinner.

You should check these out:

No comments: