Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Nice win last night

Schreiber opened the game going one inning and gave up one earned run. Then Pivetta came in, went five innings and gave up zero runs. This meant the Red Sox beat the Braves 7-1.

I did not know that until I woke up this morning because there was an hour & a half rain delay and I was only able to watch five innings before I went to bed.

Tonight is a normal game with Bello on the mound and no rain predicted. I'm hoping that Bello is in his usual groove and I'm also hoping to see all nine innings.

Oh, and the Yankees lost last night which means the Red Sox are now in sole possession of fourth place in the ALEast, one and a half games behind the Blue Jays and the third wild card slot.


We have some very aggressive humingbirds living in our yard.

Those little shits think nothing of chasing other after other birds that are easily three or four times their size. I watch one actually fly into the back of a sparrow.

I'm no bird expert but I did look up humingbirds in Massachusetts and based on pictures I found, these appear to be Calliope Humingbirds, the smallest breeding bird in north America.

For such a small bird, it sure is pushy. They are also not willing to stick around to be photographed by an old guy with an iPhone. Whenever I open the door, they fly off at what seems to be supersonic speed.


Tonight I will be preparing cheese burgers and corn-on-the-cob.

Then I'll watch some baseball.

You can check these out:

No comments: