Sunday, July 23, 2023

Last place...

With last nights win over the Mets, the Red Sox were once again tied in with the Yankees in last place in the ALEast. At 4:30 this afternoon, the Yankees beat the Roayls and took a half a game lead on the Red Sox.

The Red Sox really need a win tonight to get out of last place.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how it goes, tonight's game is a bullpen game. Bernardino will be the "opener" and if he can go two or three innings, the Red Sox stand a chance. First pitch is at 7:10.

Also, the game is on ESPN and I think I've made it clear over the last several years how I feel about ESPN.

I hate ESPN...


I have all the necessary equipment to teach myself how to weld.

I've always wanted to learn how to weld and through various means, I have acquired a small wire welder, a welding hood, gloves, a chipping hammer and small wire-wheels. The welder is capable of MIG (gas) and flux-core (gasless) but since I don't have a gas bottle, I'll be using flux-core wire. That means a lot of slag, hence the chipping hammer

I need to find some steel to test with and I think I have just the stuff in my garage.

My goal is to see if I can do this without burning down my neighborhood or going blind from looking directly at the arc.


My buddy Tommy is on his annual pilgrimage to his homeland of Greece and all I keep seeing in the news is that Greece is on fire.

I haven't heard anything from him so hopefully his little town isn't anywhere near the fires. He's on the island of Corfu and from what I can tell, they are okay for now.

Update

I heard from Tommy's wife:


It's Taco Sunday followed by baseball.

Here are some links that you might want to check out.


No comments: