Sunday, July 23, 2023

Last place...

With last nights win over the Mets, the Red Sox were once again tied in with the Yankees in last place in the ALEast. At 4:30 this afternoon, the Yankees beat the Roayls and took a half a game lead on the Red Sox.

The Red Sox really need a win tonight to get out of last place.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how it goes, tonight's game is a bullpen game. Bernardino will be the "opener" and if he can go two or three innings, the Red Sox stand a chance. First pitch is at 7:10.

Also, the game is on ESPN and I think I've made it clear over the last several years how I feel about ESPN.

I hate ESPN...

⧫

I have all the necessary equipment to teach myself how to weld.

I've always wanted to learn how to weld and through various means, I have acquired a small wire welder, a welding hood, gloves, a chipping hammer and small wire-wheels. The welder is capable of MIG (gas) and flux-core (gasless) but since I don't have a gas bottle, I'll be using flux-core wire. That means a lot of slag, hence the chipping hammer

I need to find some steel to test with and I think I have just the stuff in my garage.

My goal is to see if I can do this without burning down my neighborhood or going blind from looking directly at the arc.

⧫

My buddy Tommy is on his annual pilgrimage to his homeland of Greece and all I keep seeing in the news is that Greece is on fire.

I haven't heard anything from him so hopefully his little town isn't anywhere near the fires. He's on the island of Corfu and from what I can tell, they are okay for now.

Update

I heard from Tommy's wife:

⧫

It's Taco Sunday followed by baseball.

Here are some links that you might want to check out.


No comments: