Sunday, July 16, 2023

Another winning streak?

The Red Sox beat the Cubs 11-5 this afternoon and I'm hoping that it's the start of another winning streak. They need another winning streak.

Crawford pitched a great six innings, giving up zero runs and striking out nine batters. The bullpen had an interesting moment when Faria made his big league debut and proceeded to walk four batters in a row to give the Cubs their first run of the game. He ended up giving up five runs over two innings.

They are headed to Oakland to play a three game series against the Athletics. I won't be able to watch two of those games because they won't start until 9:40. I'll probbaly be able to watch two innings before falling asleep. The third and final game out there will start at 3:30 so I will be watching all nine innings of that one.

They also DFAd one of their bullpen pitchers, Scott, this afternoon. He had a terrible outing yesterday and if I never see him on the mound in a Red Sox uniform again, I won't be disappointed. I'm kind of hoping they send Faria back down but I doubt it. They are so short on pitchers that I won't be surprised to see Arroyo take the mound at some point.

Oh, and the Rockies beat the Yankees this afternoon so guess who is once again tied for last place.


After baseball, I put on the American Century Championship which is a lot of fun to watch simply because it's nice to see those athletes screwing up golf shots as badly as I do.

For the record, Steph Curry managed to win it.


We went grocery shopping this morning during the height of a massive downpour and I'm here to tell you that if you drove on Rt 20 between Home Depot and Dunkin' Donuts, you are kinda crazy.

There had to be a foot of water on that road.


Here are a few links:

No comments: