Saturday, July 22, 2023

Extra baseball today

Last night's baseball game only made it through four innings before the skies opened and it poured buckets. That caused them to first delay and finally postpone the game until today.

That means I get to watch one and half baseball games today.

The last five innings of last nights game were played at 2:00 this afternoon. They started with the score 4-3 in favor of the Mets and finished with the score 5-4 in favor of the Mets, pushing the Red Sox back into last place in the ALEast.

This evening's game will be played at 7:00. Paxton will start and I really hope he brings his "A" game. They need to get back out of last place.


If I didn't buy a ticket when the Powerball reached $1 billion...


I'm certainly not going to buy a ticket when the Megamillions reaches $820 million.

Maybe when one of these things reaches $2 billion, I'll buy a ticket.


Between baseball games, I watched the LPGA Great Lakes Bay Invitational. It's a fun format with two golfers per team playing best score.

The problem I have with CBS carrying golf games is they tend to show a lot of people talking about golf instead of people playing golf. They like to show the commentators in the booth blabbing about what some golfer did last week and I hate that.

I didn't turn on the show to watch some bonehead tell me about how he/she would have done something differently than the professional golfer. I turned it on so I could watch the professional golfer.


The Vet apparently has turkeys living in her woods:

The Dog probably has a bit of a fit when one of them shows up. They're about the same size as she is.


Time to toss some steaks on the grill and then watch some baseball.

Here are some links for you:

No comments: