Friday, July 14, 2023

Another lazy day

The Dog and I spent the majority of our day once again lounging around doing as little as possible.

I had to muddle my way through reseting my top-secret, super-duper government infosec account because last year, the group was infiltrated by fake (foreign government actors?) accounts. Since it wasn't a hack, it was an infiltration, they decided to lock all accounts and create a process to verify everyone.

Today was the day I got verified and it took more than a few minutes. First I had to send them information about me. Then I had to scan my passport and send it to them. Then I had to stand in front of my laptop's camera while they compared my passport info to my pretty face.

Once all of that was done, I had to go and create a new account.

It was a pain in the ass to do but now it's done and I can once again read all of the scary internet stuff the NSA/FBI/CIA/DHS/CISA puts out.

Things like this:

And this:

Exciting stuff, ain't it!

And by the way, I selected those two notifications because they are TLP:Clear which means it's perfectly legal for me to release them to the world.


When I was a kid, there were two stores on the city/town line. The first was Forbes & Wallace and the second was Sears & Roebuck. At some point, they decided to build a long, twisty hallway between the two stores that would connect them together. This hallway contained numerous other stores, the biggest being Steigers, the weirdest being a toss-up between Spencers Gifts and Fredericks of Hollywood.

While they were building this hallway, my childhood friend, Johnny, and I snuck into the building and road our bikes up and down the yet-to-be-completed hallway. We discovered fountains & movie theaters & bars & restaurants. We also discovered that the guys building the place weren't very happy with us and they chased us out with threats of death.

That was 1968 and I was 10 years old. Since its creation, I have spent hundreds of hours and probably hundreds of thousands of dollars in that mall. Hell, I probably spent $1,000 just in Spencers and KB Toy & Hobby alone. But the big drain on my finances came in 1976 when it became legal for me sit in The Flaming Pit, play PacMan and drink numerous amounts of beer. At some point, for a very brief period of time, I worked at the Friendly's Ice Cream shop that was there. Worst job I ever had.

Well, this week the Eastfield Mall will finally close and it will eventually be torn down.

And you know what?

I could care less.

It was a giant money-sucking retail operation that had no significant impact on our society. I don't understand why the media is making such a big deal about it.


I'm going to eat some pizza and then watch some baseball.

You can click on these:

No comments: