Monday, July 24, 2023

Good win last night

The Red Sox bullpen did a good job last night, holding the Mets to six hits and only one run. They beat the Mets 6-1 and are once again tied for last place with the Yankees.

And speaking of the Yankees, apparently Aaron Judge will be coming off the DL in the near future. I know this because ESPN wrote an article about his recovery and how great he was during the 2022 season.

The New York Aaron Judges will be back soon.

As for the Red Sox, they have an off day today while the best team in the MLB, the Atlanta Braves, travels to Boston. The Red Sox will play a two-game series against the Braves on Tues and Weds before heading to the left coast where they will first play the Giants and then the Mariners.

I'm hoping they sweep the Braves but I'll be happy if they split the series. Anything but losing both games...


In case you were interested, we are not experiencing drought or abnormally dry conditions:

Not only are we not dry, I would go so far as to say we are extra wet...


I had my annual visit with my doctor today and it was kinda interesting. Apparently Medicare has requirements.

The first requirement they had is that I needed to fill out a three page form that with a lot of interesting questions.

First thing was they asked me to do was draw a clock showing 11:10. It also asked me if I fell down a lot or if I had anyone that could take care of me. Basically they asked a lot of questions that led me to believe they were trying to find out if I was ready to be institutionalised in some kind of nursing home.

The form was followed up by two more requirements: I got an EKG and then an eye exam.

I asked my doc if this was something they required because they think we're all infirmed? His response to me was, "Well, you are one of those folks that doesn't have medical problems. You would be surprised by the things we see in people over 60."

Look, I get it; Medicare works with the lowest common denominator and a lot of people my age have issues but I don't have those issues. I have carpal tunnel problems but that's it.

So yea, I got the carpal. After 30+ years working with computers, doing repetitive work on keyboards without so much as a twitch, I suddenly find myself with a left arm and hand that periodically goes numb on me for no reason at all.

Since I was very clear that I did not want surgery, he suggested I go get one of those wrist braces and wear it as often as possible, including when I'm asleep.


Me and my carpal nerve thing are going to go eat some leftovers and then find something to watch on television.

You can visit these links if you want:

No comments: