Tuesday, July 11, 2023

One down, two to go

Man, these hinges are in bad shape.

This is what they look like before I do my thing:

Soak in white vinegar for 24 hours to get rid of most of the rust, use a wire wheel to remove all old paint and remaining rust, spray paint with some nice gloss black rustoleum and you get this:


Yes, I'm fully aware that within a year or two they will probably begin rusting again. I'll deal with it when it happens.


This is how Trump has gotten away with everything in his life: Delay until it goes away.

I kind of hope the courts tell him,
    "Donny, you were asked to return any classified documents and you denied you had any.

    You were then told to return all of the classified documents the government knew you had and you said you had declassified them.

    Then you were informed that you were in possession of top secret documents and you were ordered to return them immediately but again, you said you declassified them even though you knew you couldn't.

    Finally, you were informed, through your attorneys, that the DoJ was going to serve a search warrant and seize all classified documents. You basically dared them to do so.

    The court thinks you've had more than enough time and opportunity to clear this matter up.

    My answer is: 'No. Get your fat ass into court on the scheduled date or face arrest for failure to appear'."
I doubt it will happen but I surely would like to see it.


I watched two minutes of the Home Run Derby last night before I realized that anything, including a root canal, would be more entertaining than listening to the voices of the ESPN talking heads.

Instead, I watched a movie I've seen at least four times in the last two year, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Anything was better than ESPN.

Tonight at 8:00 is the All Star Game and that is on FOX. I took a look at the FOX Sports announcement and discovered that they have no less than eight talking heads covering the game.

They are:
    Alex Rodriguez
    David Ortiz
    Derek Jeter
    Joe Davis
    John Smoltz
    Kevin Burkhardt
    Ken Rosenthal
    Tom Verducci
Can anyone explain to me why they need eight people to talk about a baseball game?

My plan is to watch as much of the game as I can but if they end up with the camera facing the booth showing two guys talking about how they would have thrown a different pitch instead of showing me the baseball game, I'm going to find an old movie to entertain me.


Chicken kabobs and rice will be our repast this evening.

While we enjoy that, you can enjoy these:

No comments: