Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Not a good start

The Red Sox lost to the Astros last night while the Blue Jays and the Mariners both won. That means the Red Sox are now down four games in the wildcard race.

Paxton did not have his usual good night, going four innings and giving up seven runs, six of them earned.

What worries me is that Houck makes his return tonight and I can't help but be concerned about the quality of pitching he'll deliver. He was struck in the face on June 16th and that was the last time he pitched.

He'll take the mound tonight having not pitched in a game for more than nine weeks. I won't be surprised if he isn't also a little skittish about batted balls coming back at him. Let's face it, getting hit in the face might make you a bit jumpy.

I guess we'll have to learn what happened tomorrow morning because I only made it through four innings last night. I don't expect to make through any more than that tonight.


He just can't stop ranting and spewing, can he...


Time for dinner and then baseball.

You should enjoy these:

No comments: