Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Finally, a win.

I was able to watch only one inning last night and when I went to bed, the Red Sox were down 1-0. My hopes were not high...

I woke this morning to find that Bello went six shaky innings, giving up eight hits and four earned runs before turning it over to the bullpen. They gave up one hit and zero runs.

But the big story was the offense finally figured out how those bat things work and they scored six runs. This gave the Red Sox a 6-4 win of the Mariners.

In the ALEast, the Rays beat the New York Aaron Judges and the Orioles beat the Blue Jays. This means the Red Sox are two games ahead of the Aaron Judges and one & a half games behind the Blue Jays in the wild card.

There is a very real chance the Red Sox will be in the playoffs this year and I am pretty happy with that.

Tonight's game is actually a 4:00 game which means I'll be able to watch all nine innings.

As I click the "publish" button, it's the middle of the second inning and the score is 0-0. Crawford is pitching pretty well so hopes are high the hitter move the baserunners along and the Red Sox score a mess o' runs.


While I watch the rest of this game, you can visit these links:

No comments: