Sunday, August 13, 2023

Neighborhood party yesterday

We ran our errands yesterday morning, then The Professor had to go to work for an open house for prospective students while I spent time trying to hone my welding skills (I still suck but I didn't burn the house down). When she got home we to a party at our neighbors house and we spent the rest of the day chit-chatting about all kinds of stuff, eating some good food and generally having an enjoyable time.


We didn't do any of that today. Today was spent staying out of the humidity and watching golf instead of baseball.

Today's Red Sox game was streamed on Peacock which really should be called "NBC for people that have money to waste".

I really hate what MLB and the Red Sox are doing with streaming services. I already have three streaming services at $10 or $15 dollars for each service every month and I refuse to add another. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on dropping one of them soon.

I guess that means I'll be watching fewer and fewer MLB games because they sure seem to be streaming those games more and more each season. And it's never on the same service. So far they've streamed on ESPN+, YouTube Premium, Apple TV+ and now Peacock.

If I had to subscribe to all of those services, it would cost me $50 a month just to watch baseball.

Screw that. I've already got a $200 cable bill that let's me watch NESN, the official network of Red Sox baseball.


Since there was no MLB for me to watch, I spent some time watching the AIG Womens Open.

Man, those ladies can play golf. I watch Charlie Hull hit a golf ball out of what looked like a wheat field onto the green about 5 feet from the hole. If I had tried to do that, 1) my back what have probably shattered and 2), the ball would have either stayed where it was or took off like a rocket, about two feet off the ground, across the green and onto the next fairway.

Hull didn't win. She came in second to Lilia Vu who just seems like she loves playing golf. She always has a smile on her face.

After ladies golf, I put on the Worcester Red Sox because baseball is baseball and I'm just as happy watching AAA as I am watching MLB.

Maybe I'll look into seasons tickets to the Worcester Red Sox. I'd rather go see the minor leaguers play than give any more money to John Henry. I get the impression that he doesn't care about the Red Sox. He's more concerned about his soccer teams and his car racing teams.

Now I'm watching the PGA FedEx Championship. The men are good but ever since all the happy-go-lucky guys left for the LIV tour, the men are kinda like robots. None of them seem to be having a good time.


I'm going to enjoy some teryaki steak tips and then watch some more golf.

Here are some links:

No comments: