Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Bit of a scare

At 6:45 this morning, I opened my garage door, started The Professors car and backed it into the driveway. My intention was to try and get some of the ice off the car roof (she is too short to reach the roof) and let the car warm up for her.

As I backed the car into the sun, I saw a crack in her windshield that went the entire height of the glass.

I went into the house and said, "Well, I got some bad news for you - your windshield is cracked."

She went out, looked at the glass and said, "That is just a line from a frozen stream of melt water."

She did not add "you idiot" to the end of her sentence but I could feel it hanging in the air.


Speaking of melt, my driveway is actually looking pretty damned good.
Last night, I threw a small amount of ice melt on the top of the driveway as well as the sidewalk. The part that got the ice melt was completely melted this morning and, as it melted, the water (with the ice melt in it) ran down the driveway and melted more of the ice/snow.

I would say that about half my driveway is clear of snow and ice.


I'm done for the day.

Here are some links:

No comments: