Sunday, January 7, 2024

Snow abounds

The weather dweebs kept saying we were going to get 6-12 inches of light, fluffy snow.

They were wrong.

What we got was about 12 inches of heavy, wet, sticky snow.

I decided to wait until it stopped snowing before heading out and The Beast struggled a bit. Particularly with the large boulders left by the plow at the end of the driveway.

So anyways, the clearing of snow is now done and our cars can once again move freely from our garage to the road.


In one of the most meaningless games of the year, the Patriots ended their season with a home game against the Jets. Both teams have been eliminated from playoff contention so from a post-season perspective, it doesn't matter who won or lost. This game was played simply because it was on the schedule.

In the end, the Jets beat the Patriots 17-3 and the Patriots finished their season with a record of 4-13, putting them in second-to-last place in the NFL, just ahead of the Panthers.

So now, much like we do with the Red Sox, we watch what happens to the team during the off season.

All the talking heads are predicting that Belichick will not be coaching the Patriots next season. I think that Belichick is recognized as one of the best coaches in the NFL and Kraft would be a fool to think he can replace Belichick with a better coach.

I also think that Kraft is not a fool.


The Bruins beat up on the Lightning last night, beating them 7-3.

It was good to see them play hockey like they should play. Their passes were quick & clean and they took 27 shots on goal. That means they were shooting at the goal instead of dinking around with the puck.

As they old saying goes, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.


You would think I would remember that we no longer have a working dishwasher but you would be wrong. Everytime I finish eating or drinking something, I automatically put the dish/cup/utensil into the not-a-working-dishwasher currently sitting under our counter.

My fear is that I will put something in there, walk away and wake up the next day to the smell of death in my kitchen. Because of that fear, I did this:
That's right, I put masking tape on the racks so I can't just toss dirty dishes in there like the good old days when we had a working dishwasher.

Rumor has it that our replacement machine will arrive on Tuesday. This will cause me much joy because, to be honest with you, I'm getting sick of washing dishes by hand...


Time to eat and watch some DVRs. I might watch some of the Bills/Dolphins game.

You can check these out if you want:

No comments: