Monday, January 8, 2024

Let the melting begin

They keep using the word "flooding" when talking about the upcoming weather. I think they are using the word "flooding" differently than I use it.

When I say flood, I mean a lot of water moving rapidly in a river or stream bed, overflowing the banks and possibly damaging the surrounding infrastructure.

When they say flood, I think they are talking about large puddles in the road and maybe the rivers being higher than normal.

Guess we'll see who is using it correctly come this Wednesday when the warmer weather and rain reaches us here in the north east.


So now that the Patriots season is over with, the media is having a field day speculating on Belichick's status.

After the game yesterday, he was asked about his future and he gave the typical Belichick answer: I get it, they are all looking for drama and they all want to "break the news". The problem is, I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think there is going to be any news to break.

Like I said yesterday, I don't think Kraft is a fool.


My son and daughter-in-law recently made a trek across half the country, taking several days to drive from Boston, MA to Austin, TX. Along the way they stopped in several places including Washington, DC, Nashville, TN and New Orleans, LA.

Now keep in mind that this is my youngest son and he is still at the stage in life where having a good time is important to him. This is a young man who likes to party and his wife is no less an enjoyer of fun.

Which kind of threw me a bit when my son sent me a text from New Orleans that said,
This is a man who knows how to have a good time but apparently is growing out of his college years and enjoying life.

I am, as always, the proud dad.


Neither my wife nor myself have any idea about what to have for dinner. I guess that means we are going to starve.

While I watch the Bruins play the Avalanche, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: