Thursday, January 11, 2024

Thirty Five Days

Since the Red Sox haven't announced the date that pitchers and catchers report for spring training, I'm going to go with the date they reported last year. That was February 15th and that is 35 days from today.

I'm really hoping they do well this season. They finished in last place in the previous two seasons and I can't really blame anyone in particular. Sure, Bloom was given the shitty task of fielding a team while cutting payroll which means blame could be placed upon ownership, but when you look at the players, they should have played better than they did.

But in the end, Bloom took the blame and the eventual fall, being fired even before the season ended.

Now they have an untested rookie wizard named Breslow who basically appears to have the same set of guidelines - field a winning team and cut payroll.

Unless he really is a wizard, I have a feeling that next year at this time I'll be talking about how Breslow took the fall for ownerships bad decisions...


Remember the other day when I said that Robert Kraft was not a fool?

Turns out I was wrong...

Then again, it could very well have been Belichick's decision to end it. Twenty four years with one team is a long time.

I'm curious to see who the Patriots think they can hire that will do a better job than Belichick.


I'm going to end this and see if I can figure out what to make for dinner.

Here are some links:

No comments: