Tuesday, January 16, 2024

That was interesting.

I flipped on the news at 6:00 this morning to see a list of school closings that led me to believe we had a major blizzard overnight. I opened the door, turned on the lights and stepped out into...

...¾ of an inch of snow.

I couldn't figure out why all the towns had cancelled school. Then, at 9:30, I drove to the post office...

Holy crap, those roads were slicker than cow snot.

I got to watch the guy in front of me go into a curve at about 20mph and slowly slide sideways down both lanes of the road. He was very lucky no one was coming the other way.

So I guess the school closings were probably a good idea.

My guess is we ended up with about four inches of snow followed by some ice/rain.

As of 6:00 tonight, my driveway was cleared of snow, but I suspect it will be covered again by morning. I just hope it's covered in snow and not a thick layer of ice.


I'm going to call it a night and watch some Gold Rush on the DVR.

You can check these out:

No comments: