Sunday, January 14, 2024

Finally, a win.

Once again, the Bruins ended regulation in a 3-3 tie but this time they managed to score in the sudden-death OT period and beat the Blues 4-3.

With that win, they maintain their 3rd place position in the NHL:

They are on their way back to Boston where tomorrow they will take on the Devils. Puck drops at 1:00.


I didn't get to watch the Dolphins / Chiefs game last night because the NFL is run by greedy bastards who don't give a shit about fans but I was able to listen to it on a streaming radio station out of Kansas City.

The Chiefs won the game, beating the Dolphins 26-7 and moving on to the divisional's but the big news wasn't the win or the fact that Taylor Swift had on some kind of fancy new jacket. The big news was the temperature.

It was cold. Very, very cold.

I hear you say, "Steve. How cold was it?"

It was -10° with wind chills of -31°.

Trust me, that is cold. As a matter of fact, it's cold enough that the equipment was becoming brittle. It was so brittle that at one point, Mahomes helmet cracked after a hit.

Yea, that's kinda cold.


Here is where I say something that will piss people off:

The key phrase in this story is: "...she is financially distressed" yet she is buying Earl Grey tea, lobster dip and a chicken pie.

Hell, I'm not "financially distressed" and I don't buy lobster dip.

Also, the statement, "this is the second time that this has happened to me" leads me to think that maybe, just maybe, she shouldn't be allowed to go shopping on her own. I'm not entirely sure she knows how to do simple math...


The Steelers / Bills game is postponed until tomorrow so golf is the sport of choice for me today. I might watch a bit of the other two games but I'm not a big fan of the Cowboys, the Packers, the Rams or the Lions so there will have to be nothing else on.

You can check out these links:


No comments: