Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Thanks goodness for DVRs

We are approximately two weeks away from the start of spring training, the NHL All Star break is going on, the Superb Owl is twelve days away and the Golf Channel has taken the MTV approach - they don't actually show very much golf.

Fortunately I have about 10 DVRs on my machine, a new season of Reacher on Amazon Prime and a rather decent SciFi book on my end table.

I think I'll survive.


Speaking of spring training, I'm looking forward to watching baseball again even though I don't have high hopes for the Red Sox this coming season.

Then again, if you had told me 20 years ago in February of 2004 that the collection of dingbats they were putting on the field would go on to win the World Series, I would have told you you were nuts.

I'm going to start the season with my usual optimism.

I like that they still have guys like Devers, Casas, Story, Duran, Refsnyder and Yoshida in the field and Bernardino, Crawford, Bello, Jansen, Pivetta, Houck and Whitlock on the mound. I like the new pitcher Giolito and the new fielder Grissom.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the team chemistry is going to be and I like to think that at least one or two of the kids in the minors will get called up.

I'm really hoping that this team is fun to watch.


I found this list on a Newsweek article:
It's the first time I've ever seen the complete list of charges against him.


Time to figure out what to eat for dinner and then find some entertainment.

Here are some links:

No comments: