Monday, January 1, 2024

Merry New Year!


One year ago, I was just finishing up my second (or maybe third) bout of covid, the DJIA was listed at 33,147 points, the Red Sox were struggling to acquire any big-name players and the Patriots stood a slim chance of making into a wild card slot for the NFL playoffs.

Today, I'm virus-free, the DJIA is 37,689, the Red Sox still don't have a decent rotation and the Patriots are so far out of playoff contention that I'm betting they won't even be watching the playoffs.

The Bruins, however, seem to be doing okay.


Speaking of the Bruins, they won again last night, beating the Red Wings 5-3.

This gives them 3 wins in a row which is officially considered a "winning streak".

Let's hope they keep it up.

Next game is tomorrow against the Blue Jackets. Puck drops at 7:00.


I'm pretty sure these are fake but if Lego ever gets around to creating them, I'll buy them:


Some people in Japan got to experience a 7.5 magnitude earth quake last night.

I've experienced a magnitude 3 earthquake in Walnut Creek, CA (just outside of San Francisco) and I would describe it as standing in the bed of a pickup truck while driving down a dirt road - a struggle to keep your balance but not terrible.

I can only imagine what a magnitude 7+ is like and I know I don't want to experience one.


Other than watching the Red Sox and the Patriots suck, last year was not a bad year. As a matter of fact, I would classify it as a pretty good year. I'm hoping this year is a better year.

Let's start it off with some links:

No comments: