Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Busy day.

With last nights win of the Blue Jackets, the Bruins are once again in first place in the NHL

Tomorrow evening, they face off against the Penguins. Puck drops at 7:00.


My wife and I ran a few errands and then spent some time at the eye doctors. Well, she spent some time at the eye doctors. I spent some time sitting in the waiting room reading my book.

Then I spent the rest of my day removing my dishwasher from it's cubby under the counter to see if I could fix whatever was leaking.

Turns out that what is leaking is some kind of impeller/pump thingee that requires a PhD in appliance repair and some special tools that I do not own to simply remove it. God only knows what tools are needed to take the thingee apart (maybe just a large sledgehammer) but it eventually became quite clear I was not going to be able to fix it.

I put the dishwasher back together and slide back in it's under-the-counter house. Then we called a few repair places.

What we quickly discovered is that the cost to fix this 10 year old dishwasher was going to be almost as much as buying a new one.

That meant we had to go dishwasher shopping.

What I find hard to believe is the sheer number of dishwashers available on the market. The local appliance dealer here in town sells 25 different brands and each brand has between 2 and 10 different models. A quick check of Lowe's shows 32 different brands. Home Depot is a slacker with only 11 brands.


Since I was busy all day, that is all I got for you.

Here are a few links:

No comments: